Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Yarnarian Checks In.

How are you all doing with the Diagonal Mitered Scarf? Any corrections before I write it up into a PDF?

If you're on Ravelry on the scarf forum, take a look at the pics of various scarves people are knitting. It's just amazing how different this looks depending on the yarn.

I did a lot of dyeing the other day, and today I listed the last of the new ones. I'm calling this one Baby Lily in honor of the latest member of the family.




I clobbered my wonky wrist the other day, so not much knitting has gone on here at Chez Yarnarian, but my little brain is obsessed with a possible new project. I'm dyeing up yarn for my mystery project today. I'm really excited about this, and if it really works, I'll eventually post pics. Don't hold your breath, though. This will take some time.

Sock Madness Forever! Have you joined in the merriment? There are just a few openings left. This is the most lunatic fun going. Last year, I made it to round 2. This year, who knows? It doesn't matter because the cheer leading section is a riot.

I had an epiphany the other day! I've thought of myself as a retired librarian dipping her toe into the yarn dyeing and pattern designing business. Nonsense. I realize that I've basically moved into a new career. So, now when people ask me what I do, I won't say I'm retired, because I'm not. Not that anyone, ever, ever asks me what I do. You get older,they assume you're out to pasture. Dummies! What do they know?

Life is short; go enjoy it.

CathyR - Isn't it fun? I should be knitting so many other projects, and I keep going back to the 3 of these in process!


Bishop - Isn't dyeing fun? It's like play. Oh, it is play!

2 comments:

CathyR said...

Such a pretty colorway.

I'm loving the scarf pattern. It is hard to put down. Thanks for the fun project.

Bishop Stone said...

I really like your dyeing. I am in the middle of dyeing at the moment. As usual I did not dye enough first time round of one colour. Hmmmmm I have learnt from that. I also hope to start the scarf soon. Yours look so great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails