Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Yarnarian and Hubbo Take a Hike!

Yesterday, in a moment of total madness, the Hubbo and I set out for a walk to downtown Madison. It's a bit over 2 miles up and down hills, but mostly down. Of course the walk home is mostly up. Duh.

We put on sneakers, light weight jackets and set off. Made it in about 45 minutes, and then had dinner at a great restaurant, From Scratch. What I like about this place is that not only is the food good, but you can really watch the calories. What's hard about a salad with dressing on the side, topped with grilled chicken? You just dip your fork into the dressing, and that's the end of the serious cals. We did share a brownie for dessert, so that took care of the calories lost by the walk, but it could have been much worse! And then we walked back home, up the hills, and down a few, and then up again.

Are we virtuous or not? All this because we watch the Biggest Loser, and I'm so impressed with the people on it. Now, I do not watch my weight 'cause I don't need to. I wear a size 6 pr of jeans, so I'm not overweight at all. But I need exercise, so that walk filled the bill.

and today I'm sore. ;-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails