Sunday, October 17, 2010

How did I get to be the mom of a 40 year old woman?

Elder DD turned 40 yesterday!  My baby!  My sister wants to know how I, who she says am only 30, could have a 40 year old daughter.  I told her I had DD pre-utero.

Wasn't she just born?  Didn't she just begin to crawl and walk?  I don't know where the time went, but I can tell you that she's a wonderful woman and daughter! 

The weird thing for me is that it's easy to realize that I've been a Grammie for a few years, but having a 40 year old daugher boggles my mind.

We did a lot of eating and laughing this weekend.  Poor Birthday girl had a rotten cold, and took some med that upset her tummy.  So her supper at the Persian restaurant we took her to consisted of a glass of Coke.  She slept off the crummy stomach, and she'll get a rain check on the restaurant.

Knitting news:  I'm playing around with this wonderful new yarn that I bought.  One ply is superwash, and 2 plies are not.  That means that the SW ply will just grab the dye, while the reg plies won't.  I'll have pics of what I'm knitting with it in a day or two.  I've been doing a lot of swatching and frogging and so far, here's what I can tell you.  The skein dyed with deep teal, with a lot of contrast between the SW ply and the others, works up to a ragg look.  Very sporty, and great for guy socks as well as girl socks.  The skein with lighter colors, and therefore less variation between the plies, works up to a heathery look.  Amazing what one yarn can produce.  It's a lovely yarn, soft, 100% merino, and I think I'm going to like it a lot.

1 comment:

Scrabblequeen said...

Yeah, I understand about your math problems with DD and your ages. My eldest son will be 27 in January, which must be nearly impossible considering MY age! Congrats to you on coming up with a solution! (pre-utero, heh heh)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails