Monday, October 4, 2010

The Yarnarian chits and chats.

Those Autumn Pine Needles!



 What a great 3 days I just had!  Fri, I went to a S&B group, where I got my knitting jollies on.  It's so pleasant to knit with other folks, and I so rarely do it.  Then BFF and her Hubs and the 2 of us went back to that amazing Persian restaurant, and had yet another incredible dinner.  Sat, the Hubbo and I took a very long field trip to Harney's in Millerton, NY.  I bought one tea, Eight at the Fort, which was fine.  We were all over the area, from Millbrook, where we always have lunch at the diner, to a little festival in Copake, and then home, 9 hours after we set out.  And then good TV.  Yesterday, we went into Brooklyn and saw the kids and the grands.  Little Lili is a master at saying NO, and she is beyond adorable.  And the Benster!  What can I say?  I adore kids from 5-12, and he is almost 5 and a pistol.  He makes me giggle, he is so cute.

Friday we had a huge windy rain storm, and the combo did a fascinating number on the pine needles in the driveway.  Take a look at how it all swirled those needles around.



Isn't that pretty?

And I'm off to dye some creepy, scary, howlie colors!  Mwahahahaha!

Big News tomorrow! 

itsJUSTme   - Isn't it amazing?  Almost 1/2 of the driveway covered in these swirly pine needles.  All this because water accumulates at the top of the driveway, and then we have to pump it down the driveway.  So the needles just swirl as the water moves?  I don't know.  I've never seen this before, but I think it's so cool!
busybusybeejay - I wonder what the odds are of this ever happening again.

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

No way!!!
There is no way that those pictures are real! It looks way too fake, LOL.
Did you go out there and hand place every one?

busybusybeejay said...

Can't believe that that could happen.Amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails