Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Good Morning!


HI,
This is my first blog so I'd like to tell you a little about myself.

I'm a newly refreshing librarian with a passion for knitting and dyeing. Why am I refreshing? Because retirement means retiring from the world; refreshing means diving into new things. I've been knitting for over 40 years, which makes me a well-seasoned knitting broad. I started dyeing sock yarn this summer, and am totally obsessed with it.

I see color everywhere. When I go to an art gallery, the first thing I see in a painting is the overall picture, and then immediately I notice the colors. When I'm outside or driving, I see color. Now that I'm dyeing yarn, I get to play with my color interactions. My poor husband gets to hear me say: "Oooh, look at those colors. I bet I could reproduce them in yarn."

The dyeing has gotten to the point where I can't keep up my knitting with my dyeing. So, I opened an Etsy site:
http://fritzl.etsy.com
to deal with the overload. This way I can dye as much as I want and someone else can knit the yarn.

I have to tell you that I'm emotionally attached to the dyed yarn. Those skeins are my babies. Hey, we all have our weird moments.

What do I like to knit: Socks, sweaters, lace shawls. I like everything except intarsia. That I hate with a passion.

Please join me as I embark on this new, exciting time of my life.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome to blogland Ruth! We are very happy to have you! :)

Alison said...

Cool! And I'm sitting here, going, you're an artist now, don't quit your dye job. (Sorry. Anything for a bad pun here.)

Alison said...

Oh. Sorry. Blogger refuses to believe I'm not on Blogger anymore. That's AlisonH at spindyeknit.com , their automatic link doesn't work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails