Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's a good day to dye!


It's pretty disgusting today: rain, fog, the whole shebang. As a refreshing woman, I've opted to stay indoors most of the day. It's a good day to knit and maybe even dye.

I've been knitting socks from the cuff down for 20 years, and never needed to change direction. But then I bought Cat Bordhi's new book, New pathways for sock knitters, and I got hooked on toe-up socks. She has great diagrams for Judy's magic cast on, and that convinced me to try this. So now, just because of the cast on, I'm doing toe ups. And loving it.

Plus I modified the gusset increase and now the whole sock forms organically. EZ would have loved this method.

So here's what I'm working on: a pair of socks for my purple-loving niece, a pair of socks for moi, and a sweater that I started last February.

It would be nice to finish the sweater: I mean, it's getting chilly here, and besides I really like it. I used a soft gray merino in a lacy pattern. Started the sleeves, top down, in stockinette, and I don't like it. I'm going to rip out the sleeve, and put in some lace. Otherwise it looks like it's been tacked on. Dopey, IMHO.

Are you on Ravelry? I joined back in June, and it's so much fun. It's like a giant stitch 'n bitch. I've learned so much from it, and now my Guru, Jen (http://knittinglikecrazy.blogspot.com/) is helping me with this blog. So if anything looks good, you can thank her; if it looks weird, that's me. Like how I uploaded my pictures. Clearly this looks odd. Help!!!!

Here's what's wrong with Ravelry: I futz around so much with it that it's cutting into my knitting time. It's amazing how much time you can waste ( I mean play) with it. And talk about inspiration! Holey moley, you should see the projects posted!


3 comments:

Kate said...

Ruth - Thank you so much for your commiserations over the Wedding Ring Shawl. I'm afraid there is no way I can salvage it - it's all in the bin! I'm hoping to get back in the saddle soon (I don't want a mere shawl to beat me, even if it is an heirloom!). You don't tell us your Ravelry name! Mine's Knittheknits (how very original). I looked at your etsy shop. Your sock yarn is beautiful.

Herzblut said...

with a title lke that, you have to be a Star Trek fan......espcially Klingon :)

756 only in front of me on Ravelry.....

Q'plah!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on the new blog!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails