Monday, April 6, 2009

The Yarnarian and the Hubbo are worn out!

Let me tell you how an energetic 6 year old can wear out her grandparents! I wish I had some of her energy. I've never seen a kid with that much go; it's exhausting. Mind you, she is not an ADD kid; just born with tons of zip! And so much fun.

Yesterday we took her to Brooklyn to the Aquarium, where we enjoyed the sea critters very much. She happily bopped from one exhibit to the next and we tried to keep up with her.

I think the highlight of the day was her kicking off her shoes and tights and running around on the beach. The sun was out and it was delightful there, but only a kid would stand with her feet in that cold water. She ran and skipped and climbed a jetty (tremble tremble on our part). It was fun to compare her to the teenagers climbing that same jetty; she is so much more agile.

NO pics, because I think that kids need their privacy protected. Suffice it to say that she was tons of fun.

I did list a couple of yarns, and will do so this week. Good thing I dyed a lot in advance because I just don't have time now to do so.

Today I think we'll make and freeze matzo balls; I did this last year, and it worked out so well. None of that last minute craziness, and the knaidlach (the ch is gutteral) tasted just fine.

Off to play with her some more. BTW, she plays killer Monopoly!

Tamar - She has killer instincts; beat me again!

2 comments:

=Tamar said...

Kids do play killer Monopoly. My niece at six routinely beat us all.

Gramma Phyllis said...

If you think a single six year old can wear you out, try keeping up with 5 kids under 8. Fortunately, one was an infant and there were 3 adults. The eight of us were at the Strong Museum of Play here in Rochester, NY. The standing rule is "You must be in sight of at least one of the adults." It worked most of the time, but I agree - Oh for just a small portion of their energy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails