Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Yarnarian is Back!

Ah, peace and quiet. Love, love, love those grandkids, but it is nice to get back to just the 2 of us. We enjoyed The Kid very much. It's the first time he's slept away from home for more than one night. He got a bit scared the second night, but we did lots of hugs and cuddles, and he conquered his fear. I'm so proud of him. It's hard for an 8 year old to take risks, and he did it. So 3 cheers for The Kid. Kids his age are into collecting adorable Japanese erasers. That became the theme for the visit: where to find these babies. So I ordered some online for him, and he and the Hubbo found some on their Boys' Day Out, and then we hit paydirt: Kinokuniya! Yes, that amazing Japanese book store has tons of little tchachkes including those erasers. The Kid was in seventh heaven. Much fun, and now we are happily enjoying just being us.

Dyeing news:
I did get a bit of dyeing done. The Kid wanted to dye, so after he was done, I did a few skeins, and here are the results. All will eventually appear in the Etsy shop, but if you need one, email me, and I'll hold for you. After all, why shouldn't you, dear reader, get first dibs. fritzL234 AT yahoo DOT com

Soft Fade and Old Rose (I was in an antique rose mode this week)




Dusk and Chanson:




And 2 yarns that are NOT in that faded look: Abbra and Fancy Schmancy:




And Sandor (which is Hungarian for The Kid's name. He wanted to name the yarns. OK.



Knitting news: I started and finished a little skinny lace scarf for me for next winter. I used Alexa, which is so soft around the neck, and I used an almost solid of a rosy/pink colorway. I love this yarn. It is beyond soft, and yet affordable. I think, however, that from now on, I'm going to make my scarves a bit wider, just so the swoop is more luxurious.



And, I'm back to working on my version of the Shelly Kang Blankie. Miss P and The Kid were both entranced with this thing, and I realized that if i want to ever give each little kid her/his own blankie, I have to seriously work on the thing.



I have a loooong way to go on this thing. What are the odds that I'll get 5 of them done before I demise?

Update: Chanson and Abbra and Dusk are spoken for.

Henya - I could duplicate this one if I tried. I did it while The Kid was watching, and he gave me input, so who knows what I actually did. Not I. He kept futzing around with the greens and blues, and this was the result. Talented child, no?

And your mother is right. It's great to have them, and then it's great to send them home.

1 comment:

Henya said...

My mother tells me that it is wonderful to have the grand kids for a visit and it is very liberating to send them back home.
Darn, I really wanted Abbra, any chance of something similar coming out of your pot?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails