Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Yarnarian Blathers Randomly.

Today is a dyeing day. I'm thinking lots of pales, but we'll see when I actually get to those dyes. You do know that they're in charge, not me. I have a number of custom order that I need to get out, plus more of the sotm, etc, etc.

Random blathering: I've been thinking of what we like to watch on the tube. House of course, PBS nature shows, and The Biggest Loser. I have a thing on the BL. I'm fascinated to see how these enormous people work their butts off and become slim. The amount of work and dedication is amazing. So my question is: do they keep it off when the show ends? Do they put all that weight back on?

VIP: Very Important Plug: Fiber Baristas: Flora & Fauna Fiber Club - Last 4 Days to Register! http://tinyurl.com/cwjqww

Random plugs: Here are some of my favorite Etsy sites. I love the idea of supporting a small business. So, in no order whatsoever, here are some of my favorites:

Naya's Designs. She makes the most adorable American Girl outfits. They're well made, very cute, and much cheaper than the official AG clothing. Etsy is a great source for doll clothing, and you're supporting an indie business.

CCValenzo. I love her jewelry. I keep marking it as faves, but I only own 2 earrings. I just can't decide what to buy!

Sea Sprite Soaps. I buy her soaps in 5 bar samplers, and one is nicer than the next. Yeah, this is a bit of a luxury, but the soap lasts forever, the fragrances are lovely, and the lather is luxurious.

Hodakapottery. I haven't bought anything here, mostly because I can't decide what to buy, but the pieces are so pretty.

Nonblather: Have you checked out this site? Knit-a-Square helps out those poor, poor children in South Africa. Little kids with no parents. Little kids who are hungry and cold. How can you resist? It doesn't take much energy to knit an 8" square out of leftover wool worsted yarn.

Here's my basic mindless pattern.

Cast on 1 stitch.
Row 1: Increase by knitting in front and in back of that first stitch: 2 stitches.
Row 2: K1, increase, k1: 3 stitches.
Row 3 and all subsequent rows until you've reached 51 stitches: K all stitches until the second-to-last stitch. Increase in that stitch, K1.

When you've reached 51 stitches, you start decreasing:

Knit until you've reached the last 3 stitches, ssk, k1.

Keep doing this until you've reached one stitch. Finish off, leaving a nice long tail for sewing up.

That's it. Couldn't be easier, no? All the info about where to mail, etc, is on the Knit-a-Square web site.

Gotta get to work. Maybe pics tomorrow. If not, then probably on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

Woman beautiful romantic atmosphere, a sensation of sophisticated technology, the interpretation of low-key luxury life attitude, perfect design style,
Fulfill the new needs of modern women, to provide color into the romantic and elegant life
Wild, practical, noble temperament, mature style, could be the core of a fantastic thing this bag, solid color material moving curve,
Can make the bags wild Bose, natural color, excellent from the buckle plastic demonstrate mature women's style fine metal logo brand, out from the kind of charm [url=http://www.bestmulberrybagsuk.co.uk]http://www.bestmulberrybagsuk.co.uk[/url]
Perfect quality metal zipper, chock-full of texture, highlighting the grade 5 solid color with leather embellishment, showing a special sense of fashion design
Basic stylish cut design, women's soft and soft bag, each bag may be a magical accessories, a good embodiment in the personality and temperament of a typical mature woman

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails