Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Yarnarian is Overwhelmed.

Not underwhelmed, not even plain whelmed. Overwhelmed. Ack!

It occured to me last night that Oct begins next week, and Rosh Hashanah is next week, and of course, Yom Kippur is the following week. "Yeah, so?", you might say.

Um, I have a sotm for Oct. Now I do say that the shipping will be in the middle of the month to cover myself, because the Great Procrastinator has no sense of time, and has to always build in extra. So, I'm really OK here, but I would love to get the shipment out early as usual. So I have half of my dyeing left to do. And writing up the pattern.

Ya getting the idea, here?

Next piece of hysteria: Renee wants to open up the sign ups for the winter mystery shawl after YK. OK, that's not overly bad. I can dye these skeins up very, very quickly. So what's the panic? I need more yarn!!!! And Sarah is out of it, so now I have to wait for her and she's waiting for her shipment.

Panic Attack!

You know what I'm going to be doing for the next couple of weeks in between the holidays. I've finished all the existing Zephyr yarn for the shawl, so I just have to be patient. I'm not a patient person.

Panic Attack!

Actually I do my best work when under the gun, so this is not a tragedy at all. And, boy, am I ever revved! Whoo Hoo! Yes!

OK, so in the meantime, while twiddling my thumbs instead of dyeing sotm yarn, bad Yarnarian that I am, I've dyed up the most gorgeous merino/nylon sock yarn in the universe! Soft beyond belief, great yardage, and it's sock yarn with that nylon in it. I'm going to charge $20/skein for these because they cost me more than other yarns I carry. But that's not too much of a price increase here. I do aim to charge fairly and not kill my customers. Here are some pics.





And now the Yarnarian has had a long enough break, and needs to go skein up some yarn. I skein, therefore I dye.

Added at 4 PM: I'm pooped, just pooped. But, I got it dyed, am about to put a loaf of bread into the oven, and then I'm off to the post office to mail off some yarn. Tonight I skein up, and if I have anything left, I'm going to knit, knit, knit! So there! I love petulance, don't you?

KV - Matzo balls. Soup. Help! There will be only 3 of us that I know of at the moment. So the usual chicken something or other. Nothing fancy. I do want to make challah, but that's not a big deal either.

Ria - "Normal" crazy would be fine just about now! At least there are no vrittis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will there be matzoh balls, or is that just passover? one more thing to do?

Ria said...

I'm just glad by oct 1 the craziness I've been living with should be over. Then just the normal crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails