Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Pastel Queen is back, at least temporarily.

 

 I was in such a mood to do pastel variegateds on Sunday.  This time of year, I eat, breathe and sleep soft pretty colors.






Three have already been sold.  What's left are the 4 above.  In order:  Golden Blossoms, Green Blossoms, Lilac Blossoms, and Pink Blossoms.  As you can see, they are all gently variegated yarns, and would look especially lovely in scarves and shawlettes.  Of course, given that they are Penny Sock Yarn, they would also make charming socks. They would look great in both knit and crochet, and would make lovely wefts if you are into weaving.

Penny Yarn:  100g, approx 450 yards, 75/25 SW merino/nylon.  Soft and strong and is my all-time favorite fingering wt yarn.  You can work anything in this yarn, it's that good.

Where?  here:  http://fritzl.etsy.com

Any crochet yesterday?  Nope; I have to finish a secret shawl design, and devoted what time I had left to it after running all over the joint on errands.

Mommie News:  The Mommie seems to have taken a turn for the BETTER!  Yep, better!  Her aide is now with her through lunch and then cones back and gets her ready for dinner and then for bed.  She's eating much more, mostly because the staff wanders by her table and cuts up her food.  And she's lively and for a very confused lady, pretty with it.  She forgets that I have kids, but marches into the dining room and announces to the group that "The queen is here!"  Her Hebrew name is Esther, so of course, she's Queen Esther.  And she's back to quipping with the staff and the residents.  Go, Mommie, go!

All of this is due to her amazing aide and the staff at Charles Bierman!  They are the most caring, responsible people in the world of geriatrics.  If you need a home for a parent who can no longer live at home, but isn't ready for a nursing home, this is THE place to send her/him.  Nothing fancy.  You won't walk into the Bierman section and pass out with the glory of the place.  But substance is what you get here. 

More pretty yarns later this week, but not the pastels.  I had some darks that happened mostly because i didn't dilute the dye solution nearly enough.  So I kept the yarns because they are so pretty.  I can't be the Pastel Queen all the time, you know.

Scrabblequeen - Wasn't that nice news?  Usually I get the other kind of news, so this was a major happy surprise.  And you know my yarn mantra:  there's always more yarn.  tee hee.

1 comment:

Scrabblequeen said...

Love the good mommie news! Lovely pastels, too...but I won't be tempted..I won't..I won't...must keep repeating this phrase...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails