Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Yarnarian Gets Wowed!

The Hubbo and I, my BFF and ME went off to hear Bff's hubby sing in the Messiah this afternoon. Wow, and quadruple wow! Every year her hub's church puts on a short version of the Messiah, replete with professional soloists and orchestra, and every year it gets better and better! What a performance. I do love choral singing and the Messiah is one of my faves. The other 3 big choral pieces that I love are Bach's Mass in B minor, Mozart's Requiem, and the one and only Verdi Requiem!

From the sublime to the normal:

Here's another poll: Would you be interested in a lace scarf club? 3 times/year. My hand-dyed yarn, 2 in lace weight and one in fingering wt and a brand new scarf for each one designed by me. Approximate cost (I think) about $100, including shipping. Maybe a little more depending on the yarn cost, but not too bad. I have to work out the money factor, so this is just a guess, but I think it might be in the proper range. Start time? Maybe February or March. I don't want it to coincide with the sock club. Maybe Feb, June, Oct. What do you think? Poll over on the right.

Results of the fancy schmancy yarn poll are clearly in favor of trying out some luxury yarns. OK, next time I order from my guy, I'll put in a few skeins involving a bit of silk or cashmere. I won't overextend myself, and we'll see how it goes.

Knitting News: Here's the top of the latest garment for MillieLillie, my AG doll knock-off. It's supposed to grow into a dress. I'm not sure about that; I may just make it into a top. And maybe make a skirt instead. We'll see. I think I have to frog one of the sleeves to make it one round longer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails