Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Yarnarian Has Show and Tell.

What to talk about first?

Fiber Baristas! We have shipping dates listed, and we'll probably open for registration on Jan.1, 2009! Let me tell you how excited I am over this sock club. If I weren't dyeing for it, I'd join. 9 different dyers with 9 different styles; 7 from the US, 1 from Canada, 1 from the UK. And all top notch people. I'm doing the July shipment, and I know what I want to do already. Of course, knowing me, that could change. I have a lot of time to decide.

So, go and check us out. I think we're a pretty snazzy bunch, and this is your chance to be among the first to join us.

Showing news: Here are some more in the Snow White series!

First we have the Wicked Stepmother, that evil queen (or as DragonYady says, that ebil queen): She has lots of black hair, a bright red mouth and purple clothing because she is a royal person.



Nest we have one of the 7 dwarfs. He's kind of a generic guy with his little brown cap on his head and his forest clothing. I might make more of these fellows, all with that little brown cap, but with different clothing.



The we have the mirror, all done up in gilt and silver. No image here; you know who the fairest one of all is.



And lastly (at least for today), the apple. My favorite of the entire bunch! A nice shiny red apple with a bit of yellow and green to make it even more delicious!



Are these enchanting you? The entire month of January is going to be the theme of fairy tales! I just can't get away from my beginnings as a children's librarian.

Repeats? I can do Snow White and the Wicked Stepmom again. They're very simple dyeing with no much color blending. The others are OOAK (one of a kind), but if you want one of them, I can re-invent them a bit.

When do they go on Etsy? I'm thinking either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, most likely New Year's Eve. The Hubbo is riding rescue squad that night, so I have some free time.

The little mermaid has a shrimp/lobster yarn dyed, and a tropical fish, and some other goodies, but I'm not going to show you. Hah!

Who knew you all would love these guys so much! Maybe, the Little Mermaid needs to swim around some more so I can do a couple of these yarns again. Well, all will be listed at various points tomorrow, New Year's Eve. We all need new yarns for the New Year. If SW and TWS sell out, I can make more to order.

Thanks, Jen and Ria and Linda! And Cathy and Carolyn and anyone I've forgotten. Hey those fumes get to my brain!

5 comments:

Jen said...

I am loving the Snow White series so much. What a great idea for yarn dyeing.

Happy New Year!

Ria said...

I must have the evil stepmother!!

Linda W said...

I love it. I love the yarn, I love the whole idea. I need the entire story, not just one character. Imagine having all of the dwarves, then I could wear the one that I needed help from that day. Yes! LOL

CathyR said...

I'm loving these. Like Linda I want the whole set. It's a good thing tomorrow is pay day!

Anonymous said...

The wicked stepmother rawks!!! What an awesome theme you have come up with there. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails