Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Yarnarian Brings You Dragon Jewels.

You've been most patient, so here they are: My latest, greatest yarns. (I know, they are all my latest greatest yarns, but this one really really is the lgy.)

Yarn: Karen Cashmere! 80/10/10 Superwash merino/cashmere/nylon. Approx 430 yards. $25/skein. Yes, the cashmere makes an enormous difference. The yarn is beyond buttery. Sock yarn, scarf yarn, baby yarn. That soft, that delicious, and I finally can carry it. I know it's superwash, but I would hand wash this; it's that gorgeous.

Colorways: Dragon Jewels! Dragons hoard all sorts of stunning jeweled items, and if I were a dragon, I'd hoard these yarns. Short color changes, blending into each other, but every now and then, giving a bit of sparkle. Overdyed to blend, but not all of the yarn was overdyed. And now you know. I wish I could show you these live; the pictures cannot do them justice.

Inspiration: Those wonderful little triangular scarves with much of the work done in garter stitch. Here's where variegated yarns shine; garter stitch blends the color work so well.

The Multnomah scarf blocked so that you can see what I mean about garter stitch and colorways:



So, the Yarnarian Dragon, aka PennyRose Yarns, presents Dragon Jewels! (2 pics apiece so that you can get an idea of the colors)

Avery:




Beryl:




Chase:




Dante:




Edda:




Faldor:





Gudrun:




Hannah:




Ildiko:





Jenna:




Yes, 2 of the yarns are pastels. We are talking baby dragons and their baby hoard. And an orange sneaked in when I wasn't looking. Dragons like orange. They told me so.

You want? email me at fritzL234 AT yahoo DOT com.

By the way, if you like these kinds of yarn, but don't see colorways you like, let me know and I'll work with you. I just loved playing with this method and want to do it again and again.

Ildiko and Dante are sharked!
Faldor is grabbed.

Hanna is mine. Hey, I dyed it, I want it. Also I need to hold onto it so that I can attempt to duplicate it. Oh, woe is me. giggle.

Scrabblequeen - Avery is yours.

2 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

You're making me drool! I must have Avery....I hope I'm in time.

Henya said...

Ruth! OH Ruth! I want purple! Can you do purple? The yarns are so fabulous! I am barely keeping myself from diving through the screen to touch them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails