Monday, September 21, 2009

The Yarnarian Chats a Bit.


The holidays were so nice. We had great weather, great company, services were good, we didn't freeze too much during services, and it was just plain nice.

Services for Rosh Hashanah go on forever. We got out about 1:30 each day, but I've gotten the food down pat for this. For years now, I get cold cuts and such for lunch. By the time we get home, we're ravenous, and nobody wants to wait for food to heat up. So we do easy peasy lunch, and save the big meal for supper. Friday night we had a Persian rice dish with teeny meatballs, chicken pieces, basmati rice, dried fruits, orange marmalade all steamed together. Yummy. No, it's probably nowhere near authentic, but by golly it tastes delish. Saturday we did the stuffed cabbage and noodles thing. Last night, we did leftovers. Yay, leftovers. We still have a bit left, and my refrig smells of cabbage. Tonight we finish it or it gets tossed. Enough already.

We picked up The Mommie yesterday to spend the afternoon and supper with us. There's no way that she's going to synagogue any more. The services go on so long and she's so old, and I pray for her. Anyhow, at her age, what bad things could she possibly be doing? She really enjoyed seeing my sister and her granddaughter.

So, in between nonstop talking about everything girly and especially about crafy things, I actually got in a bit of knitting and crochet. Worked some on the crochet blanket, but at this point, you're not going to be able to tell what I did, so no pics. But! Take a look at the Ten Stitch Blanket. Is this not a cutie patootie project?




I can use either side as the right side, but I like the side without the visible ridges. The ridgy side looks fine in a pic, but not so nice in real life. Anyhow, it is reversible, so that's an added feature.

Dyeing news: I dyed up some Rose and some Linda yarn today. I planned on doing lots and lots of reds, with a bit of navy and some gold. Hah! The dyes ignored me, and I came out with all sorts of combinations. My eyes are clearly seeing fall hues, and it shows in my dyeing. Even the couple of pastels are autumnal. You'll see them tomorrow in all their glory.

Take a look at this: I just saw this goofy, fun, silly adorable hat on Ravelry. If I had a baby, I'd knit it for her/him, it's that cute.

CathyR and Henya - Isn't that hat the cutest thing ever?


Marion - I think so too! ;-)

Linda - I think so. tee hee.

4 comments:

CathyR said...

Your 10 stitch blanket looks great. That hat is hilarious. Thanks for sharing it.

Henya said...

I am glad you had a good Yom Tov. I love that blanket. Is that Noro you are using for it?
The hat is very funny.

Marion B. said...

Huhu Ruth,

das sieht mit der Wolle super schön aus!!

Viele liebe Grüße
Marion

Linda said...

Hey everybody don't I have the best sister ever!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails