Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the Yarnarian Babbles On.



Not much to show you at the moment. Between Rosh Hashanah, the grandkid visit this weekend and then Yom Kippur, I have had very little time to be productive. Oh, I am knitting and crocheting, but I'm at the point in my projects where there is just not much more to see.

So instead I'll tell you my plans for today. I am going to dye yarn. Are you amazed? I need to dye up some lace yarns for the Mystery Shawl '09; I don't want to be stuck with a lot of yarn when the sign-up finishes, so I'm dyeing as I need. At this stage of the game, with the knitalong beginning on Oct. 10, I can show you the colors.



The colors are Breeze, Latte, Gold and Terracotta. I don't know which one I like the most. I suspect it's Latte. They are not available to the general public; I've dyed them specifically for the Mystery Shawl KAL.

The lace yarn is called Carrie, after my sweet, wonderful niece. It's 80% merino/20% silk and quite tasty and soft and wonderful. Great yardage too.

So what colors am I going to play with this morning, other than the lace colors? I'm thinking purple and/or violet. I was going to do very pale colors, but purple is calling me. That's what I'm saying now; wait until I start dyeing. Then the colors will rule! Pics tomorrow!

I miss my sister! My family has never been good at saying good-bye. We get teary and lonely and bereft. So yesterday when they left, I moped around the house for hours. Me, who never cries, had tears in my eyes a couple of times. When the Mommie lived in her house, she would stand by the door and wave to us as we left, and both she and I were so sad. When my dad was alive, and I came home for a weekend in my college years, the sadness was so overwhelming when I left to go back to school. And yet, my parents never held on to us or prevented us from moving on with our lives. We just cannot say good-bye. The next day, we are all OK again, it's just that parting moment.

And now I'm going to search for my library book which I put down in a safe spot, and of course cannot find now. Sigh.

Jen - What are you dyeing these days?

Linda - If I had a dozen sisters, you would always be my favorite! Love you so much!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my. That yarn is beautiful! I love them all.

Linda said...

I count my blessings each and everyday. I am so very grateful for my family, my mom, my children, my sister and nieces brother-in-law, my life would truly be worthless without each and everyone of them. I love you Ruthie and if I don't tell you that enough then I am so very sorry indeed.

Love, your little sister

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails