Monday, March 3, 2008

New Sock Pattern


Here it is, Ripples and Waves, for sale on Ravelry! BF convinced me that it would sell, so that's how I'm doing it. I still have a bunch for free, but this has enough complexity in it to sell.

Well, I'm not totally magnanimous!

Patterns news: I've linked a few patterns over on the right, but I'm not sure if the link will work if you are not on Ravelry. So I'd appreciate it if someone would try the links out and see if they work, both Ravelry folk and others.

I'm going to meet Christine, a Ravelry friend and SOTM member, in Minneapolis. Is this neat or what? We're going to do a yarn crawl. Oh, my poor pocketbook.

That's it, the entire pickle. All the news I have to report.

Carolyn - thank you for checking it out.

Holly - I'm using Knit Visualizer. if you want to see it in action, download either the Escalator or the Forward and Back pattern; they're both freebies. I like the program very much.


Emily - Thank you. It was a lot of fun to knit and pretty easy too.


Laurie in Maine - I'm clearing the needles for Sock Madness! I'm about as ready as I can be. I'm really excited about it all. Glad you like the socks.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yes, all the links do work!
You have been a busy girl. ;)

Holly said...

nice sock, and it looks just about right to memorize while having enough detail to keep up ones interest.

Which charting software are you using?

Emily said...

Oh. I like a lot. The pattern really brings out the beauty of your gorgeous yarn. :)

laurie in maine said...

I'm not a member of Ravelry yet . . . all I got was the 'invitation to join' page when I tried to check out your patterns.

Amused by the chicken jokes & grandkid story :) Even though I was spurred by a rooster when i was 3 and to this day I'm terrified of (evil)chicken beasts. Still have the scar!!

Oh, and the Sock Madness yarn thing is not a requirement. A yarn shop is dying colorways named after each division - optional -only if you want to buy their yarn.

You can pretty much knit the socks in anything you want so long as you follow the pattern exactly. Sounds like there may be a lace weight 2 stranded pattern that I'm not sure how strict the rules go. Time will tell!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails