Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Yarnarian is home!

And pooped. And hates travel. She likes being there, but doesn't like getting there, as in the plane left 3 hours late. But, she did get a lot of knitting done, being a smart and practical Yarnarian.

I had a lovely time. Yes, it was cold. But I was prepared. I looked like Nanook of the North all bundled up, but bringing Miss P to the bus stop yesterday on a windy 7 degree morning was much better all wrapped up.

I played countless games of pretend. We couldn't find the Count, so we made Clifford, the big red dog, a count-substitute. Von leetle prinzess, ah ha ha ha ha, etc.

DD and SIL were great, and I really enjoyed myself.

I have one teensy, weensy, little complaint. Certain sons-in-law, who shall remain nameless, decided that I was "Old Gram". Whack, that's me swatting the little (6'1") twerp. I threatened to move in with them, after all, I am THE MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Christine and I met and had a great yarn crawl. We went to the Yarnery, and a new one for me, Borealis. I picked up a gorgeous red Anne, and Christine went to town with Koigu and Smooshy. It's a lot of fun meeting a Raveler!

I made DD a pair of socks using my Roundabout pattern. No pics, because someone forgot her camera.

A delightful time was had, and now I'm zonked. It's good to be home.

Any nice person who sent a comment and I didn't respond, please forgive me. When a 5 year old takes over your life, you're lucky you remember to brush your teeth.

PS - Shameless commerce division: I've posted Ripples and Waves on Etsy if you have a burning desire to buy it, but don't belong to Ravelry. And if you don't belong to Ravelry, what are you waiting for. Go. Join. You'll love it. Listen to the Old Gram!

Knittyvritti - I'm so in Gram mode. On the plane there was a little boy ahead of my at the bathroom. He was maybe 7 or 8 and couldn't figure out how to close the door and get the light to come on. So, being a Gram, I showed him how. And I've been talking in bizarre Count accent ever since I came home. I have to admit that I really love being a Gram; it gives me permission to play silly with the little guys. But adult conversation is so good right now!

Melissa - they look great! It's so neat to see my sock pattern made by someone else in an entirely different yarn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome home ruth--fifty degrees here this weekend! and plenty of adult conversation!

Melissa said...

Yeah! Glad to see you made it home safely. Also glad to hear your visit went so well. I just finished a pair of your Forward and Back socks and I just have to say I LOVED the pattern. I am melissa724 on Rav if you want to check them out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails