Thursday, January 3, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

Oh, the weather outside is freezing,
And the winds, they are a-breezing.
As long as I've no place to go,
The temperature can go down low.

Winter has hit New Jersey. Not Minnesota winter, but good old cold NJ winter. And my sock club's theme is Cape Cod, and I want to be there, but in the late spring. OH, I need spring! Methinks I have a long way to go.

I dyed 4 yarns today. Tentative names are: Cinderella (rose and ash gray), fruit soup (a softly blended peaches, mangoes, oranges), a so-far nameless one because I haven't thought of a good one ( in spruce green, blue, a touch of violet,and a bit of white), and a top applicant for one of my sock club's yarns (and therefore to be secret).

Someday my hard disk will come. And then we load it up, and then, maybe, the pictures can appear again.

I also ordered some dyes from Pro-Chem. Washfast in a bunch of colors. I can make most of these myself, but not having to reinvent the wheel each time I want to dye seems very nice to me. And yesterday I ordered some more Jacquard dyes. I'm about to be awash in color heaven. All these colors bring out the kid in me. It's like getting a brand new box of Crayola Crayons.

Sunrise: 7:22. Sunset: 4:22. Notice that we're slowly moving forward. Sunrise has been the same for a few days, but sunset is getting later.

That's all the news that's fit to print.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ah, January, how I hate the weather. Yesterday at work I was outside for four hours in the -9 windchill. It pretty much sucked!

How do you get gray when you dye? I have a custom order for gray, but I have no idea how to get it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails