Friday, January 4, 2008

The Reskein Queen, aka Wonder Yarnarian!

That's me. I reskeined 6 skeins today. Which doesn't sound like much, but is in fact a bit of time consumed.

At the same time, I listened to a CD of Loreena McKennitt. And, because reskeining is not exactly the most exciting thing on the face of the earth, I danced to the music.
And that's why I'm Wonder Yarnarian! Listening to music, dancing, reskeining all at the same time. Multitasker Woman! Aerobics, culture, and yarn all together. And periodically pausing to imbibe some tea. 'Twas a brillig morning. And I knitted in the afternoon.

Results of the reskeining are final names for the yarns which I cannot show you because of that bloody computer/camera issue. (Complain, grouse.) Here are the names; you get to guess the colors:

1. Cinderella
2. Breeze
3. Peach sherbet
4. Miss P.
5. Mystery one for sock club. I love this one to death. And it's mine!
6. Pebbles and sand

I got a phone call from Miss P. today. She got her fancy soap in the mail, the one shaped like a waffle with syrup and 2 pats of butter on top. She was tickled pink over it, and told me that it even smelled like waffles with syrup. That's one cute little kid. We decided that she would write me a letter (probably a couple of lines), and enclose a picture (she tells me that she knows how to frame it), and I would write her back. She's caught on to reading, and now is leaping forward with it.

Tomorrow is the Benster's 2nd birthday party. We'll probably be put to work dealing with the food, etc. I think they are going to have a crowd, so we are ready to help any way we can. The Benster is madly in love with trains, and especially Thomas the Engine trains. We should have a grand time.

Shameless commerce news: My sock club is sold out!!! I set a top limit of 12, and 14 signed up. Wow! I know what I'm going to do with the first two yarns, and I have a good idea for the last one. The first sock is designed and I'm almost done with the foot. I like it: it's easy but does take a bit of attention, has a couple of patterns. In short, you won't get bored knitting it, but neither will you pull out your hair in despair.

Sunrise: 7:22 am
Sunset: 4:43 pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been worrying about how knitting so much is going to affect my age challenged physique, but you have provided the answer--knit one purl one dance one!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails