Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Rambling Yarnarian

The Yarnarian is pooped. Please tell me why I'm working harder now than when I was a librarian? Huh? I think that I'm not as young as I used to be. Hubbo says: "So who is?"

I listed 6 yarns yesterday and 3 sold immediately. Someone was ready and waiting. But in this business, you snooze, you lose. So she's the proud owner of 3 pretties, and 3 are left. Then someone bought another skein. Nice, isn't it. Hubbo tells me that I have my Ruthie Groupies. I don't know about that. I think it's mostly luck and a bit of work on my part.

The dyeing part is the best part, naturally. All the rest is necessary if you want to have yarn and sell it. And it's a lot of fun to see what goes right away and what doesn't. For example, I don't get why Miss P, and Princess Rosey, and Venus on the Half Shell haven't run out of here. And yet, eventually they get sold. I do love my new career. Anybody who tells you that this is not intellectually challenging doesn't know what he (it's probably a guy) is talking about.

Didja notice that I'm rambling all over the place. I'm really, really pooped. I was going to dye this morning. But maybe I'll just curl up and knit instead.

On my needles: a neat new pattern that I'm thinking of calling "oh! Gee!" As in the ogee pattern. Here's an early picture:



Fun news: I'm going to lunch today with the mom of a customer who now lives in Australia. Is that neat or what? We're doing a yarn/money exchange for her daughter. We were talking on the phone and decided that it would be fun to meet up for lunch.

I went to the gym yesterday. Yay, me. Put in a 1.75 hour workout. And today I'm not sore. Which is unusual for me. Maybe the mojo is coming back.

Signing off; I think I'll dye anyhow. Who knows what tiredness will do to my colorways.

Note: My colors came out nicely I think. Somehow dyeing revvs me up. And lunch was delightful. And, we're going to Whole Foods to cruise the salad bar for supper.

1 comment:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Ogee is one of my favorite patterns! I bet those socks will be really pretty.

By the way, thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails